Java 9Mark Reinhold announced the first batch of JEPs for Java 9. These are:
- JEP 102: Process API Updates
- JEP 143: Improve Contended Locking
- JEP 197: Segmented Code Cache
- JEP 198: Light-Weight JSON API
- JEP 199: Smart Java Compilation, Phase Two
- JEP 201: Modular Source Code
For me as a developer the two most interesting JEPs are 198 Light-Weight JSON API and 201 Modular Source Code. JEP 201 is only the first step for the JIGSAW project and JEP 200 will be more interesting. But it is good to see, that it is targeted for Java 9.
The Java Temporary Cache API (JCache) was released a few month ago and was one of the most wanted features in the Java EE 8 community surveys. If you like to refresh your knowledge of this specification, you should have a look at Java Temporary Caching API aka JCache by David Delabassee. He gives a short overview of existing resources and upcoming JavaOne sessions.