Yesterday, 1 October 2017, was my 1 year anniversary of quitting my day job and starting as an independent trainer and consultant. To be honest, it feels like yesterday that I said goodbye to my coworkers and started to work for myself. This was the quickest, most intense, challenging, stressful and fun year I ever had in my career. Thanks to everyone who followed me on that journey, joined my Hibernate online or classroom training, got my Hibernate Tips book or said “hi” at a conference!
Looking back, it’s hard to believe what you can achieve within such a short timeframe if you follow your passion and invest all your energy. Here are some of the most notable things I did in the 12 months:
- Posted 105 articles here on the blog
- Wrote my Amazon bestselling book Hibernate Tips – More than 70 solutions to common Hibernate problems
- Recorded 61 videos for the Thoughts on Java YouTube channel and grew it to more than 1800 subscribers
- Created the Advanced Hibernate Online Training, which I will reopen soon
- Gave 6 talks and 3 workshops at JUGs and conferences
- Introduced consulting calls and project coaching as new ways to work with me
OK, enough bragging about the last year. Let’s celebrate with some of the most popular posts and videos and a special offer.